It’s that time of year again — the leaves are turning brilliant shades of red, orange and yellow and the smell of pumpkin spice lattes is in the air. It’s one of our favorite times of year at Fluff Dog, especially because it means Halloween is around the corner.
A big part of the reason why we so love the holiday is because we get to dress up as ghoulish creatures of the night or favorite story characters — and so do our pets! I mean, who doesn’t love the sight of ghosts, goblins and witches, all with cute, furry tails popping out!
For that reason, we are having our very first Fluff Dog Halloween Costume Contest! The winner will be treated with a free grooming appointment, and the runner-up will receive a Halloween basket full of all kinds of doggy goodies. Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Send in a photo of your pooch in costume, with a brief description, to email@example.com. Include the word HALLOWEEN in the subject line.
- Please send in only one photo per dog. If you have more than one dog, you may send a picture of each of your dogs and they will be counted individually. You may also send a group shot of all your dogs together, if your prefer.
- I will post your photo on our Facebook and Instagram pages within 36 hours of receiving it.
- The photo with the most “likes” (combined “likes” on both Facebook and Instagram) wins the contest, and the photo with the second highest number of “likes” is the runner-up.
- Feel free to promote your photo and invite people to visit our social media pages to “like” it.
- The last day to submit a photo is October 27, but the sooner your photo is posted the more time it has to collect “likes”, so we encourage you to send it in as soon as possible.
- All “likes” recorded by 11:59pm on October 30 will be counted.
- We will announce the winner on Halloween.
We’re looking forward to seeing all of your photos. Good luck to everyone!
How does your family celebrate Halloween? Does your pup like dressing up in costumes? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.